{preparing for Thanksgiving}

here we are... already the day before Thanksgiving~ How can that be?
Wasn't it just yesterday that we were making sweet potato casserole, and cutting turkey? ;)

I love spending time in the kitchen this time of year~ here are a few of my best friends that help me out...

 How did we ever manage without a mixer? I love this thing!
 oh, and we can't forget about the dish washer-- I WOULD BE LOST, in a pile of dishes, that is~ ;)
                       I love wearing aprons, they make me feel very feminine, but also serve a good purpose~
                                                
Now for a tour of our Kitchen, and Parlor (a.k.a      front living room).


The above is our chalk-board~ Please ignore the lame message that is written on it... someone was trying to be clever. You know the line in that song about putting a penny in the old mans hat, and where it says, "The Goose is getting fat". Yeah~ like I said- someone was trying to be clever. And for the record, it wasn't me... I was just annoying the person that wrote it. Okay. I will shut up now.

Moving on~
 In the picture above you see our kitchen. It looks a lot better in real life! :) We will eventually get window treatments up.
 The other side. ^

                                             Next we have the parlor. Or, like I said, it can be called the front living room to. Whatever you prefer-- it's your decision. ;)

 The picture below is of my great grandparents when they were young~ Aren't they a good looking couple. We say he looked like Clark Gable~ He really does!
         de*tai*l's

 





Here is our screen saver at the moment-- cute, huh? My creative sister put it up. :)



 We have been busy cooking and cleaning. We aren't traveling this year. My grandparents from my dad's family came to our house. We have enjoyed visiting with them. Tomorrow a couple of people from my dad's office will be coming for dinner and visiting. They don't have any family near by, so they will be spending Thanksgiving with us~ 

I love tomorrow... :)

I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving~ I certainly have a lot to be thankful for.

[happy thanksgiving,]

..~Lydia

5 comments:

Eliza said...

Thanks for your comments! From your pictures, the "parlor" (I chose that name, I prefer it. :P)
looks really pretty!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Eliza

Sisters of Grace said...

I love your parlor!
Have a fantastically wonderful Thanksgiving!:)


Blessings
Emily~

Alexandra! said...

Happy Thanksgiving! :)
Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

great pictures, so beautiful! happy thanksgiving! ;)

Liv said...

If you are ever in the Dayton, OH area then you'll have to come up to Greenville, OH {the town nearest us} and tour the Kitchen Aid factory where the mixers are made. We even have a huge Kitchen Aid store downtown...you may also want to stop by the Annie Oakley museum and her grave...I live outside an awesome town. =) Happy Thanksgiving!!