Quotes...

"Life brings sorrows and joys alike. It is what a man does with them- not what they do to him- that is the true test of his mettle."
-Theodore Roosevelt

"I have long learned the little value which is to be placed on popularity, acquired by any other way than virtue."
-Patrick Henry


"A flower that stops short of its flowering misses its purpose. We were created for more than our own spiritual development; reproduction, not mere development, is the goal of matured being- reproduction in the lives of others."
-Parable of the Cross


"Take the very hardest thing in your life- the place of difficulty, outward or inward, and expect God to triumph gloriously in that very spot. Just there He can bring your soul into blossom."
-Parable of the Cross


"When life's flight is over, and we unload our cargo at the other end, the fellow who got rid of unnecessary weight will have the most valuable cargo to present to the Lord. Not only that. There's another secret. Two airplanes may look alike, but one may be able to lift twice the load into the air. The difference is the horsepower of the engine. Bible reading is the power of the Christian life. Dead weight doesn't do you any good and a big plane with little horsepower doesn't go anywhere."
-Nate Saint

2 comments:

Memaw said...

Hi,
Yesterday I had to go to the dentist. I have this fear of dentist, that is why I have not been in many years. It was one of the most difficult things I have had to do.
When I got in the car I asked God to be with me and help me make it through. He did.
Love, Memaw

Abigail and Lydia said...

Hi Memaw,
I am glad He helped you! Daddy must have gotten it from you, He hates the dentist! Good to hear from you!

Love you,
Lydia