{embracing the imperfections}

Lately when I have come to write a post the words haven't been forming into sentences.
Now but as I sit down now the words are forming- slowly- but they are forming.


I was in the kitchen this morning. The windows were open, the sun was shining, and there was happiness. As I looked around me I saw imperfections. Everywhere.

Imperfections were cluttering the counters. In the sink. everywhere.
But I was okay with them. For once, I was okay. I wasn't hypervenalating because of the messes that surrounded me. I tried to look over them-- to see the perfectness in the inperfections.


If you asked me if I was a perfectionest, I would probably answer no... until I think about it and see that I am in fact a perfectionest in some circumstances. While there are advanteges to wanting to do things perfectly, there are a lot of down falls- I exspect everyone else to do things perfectly, also. I know... it's so unrealistic. I have come to the realization that a ten year old isn't going to clean a kitchen like I would.

I'm trying to look over all the imperfectnest, and see that there is in fact beauty in the imperfections.

One night I went to take my shower, and walked into the bathroom to find a pile of towels on the floor {clean or dirty, heavens knows} and a mound of soaking wet wash clothes in the floor of the shower. Oh, and there was also stuff piled up on the counters... I can't remember what- it was so crowded.

Part of me wanted to make it right. Put the towels and wash cloths in the dirty clothes basket. Clean the counters off. But another part of me said "Leave it. Don't bother with it. It's not going to be the end of the world if you over look a mess just this once". I did leave it - against my perfectionest instinct- but I left it, and you know what? The world went on, despite that one pig-stye of a bathroom.



My goal right now is to instead of looking at the imperfections and try to make it all perfect, just to leave them and see that a sink full of cups and dirty towels in the floor really won't end the world.


 "There is a kind of beauty in imperfection". ~Conrad Hall




Now for something lighter.... how about some sweet sunset pictures?




Run, baby, run... I might try to chase you, but never would I stop you.




"I didn't ask for it to be over, but then again, I never asked for it to begin. For that's the way it is with life, for some of the most beautiful days come completely by chance. But even the most beautiful days eventually have their sunsets."~Author Unknown


3 comments:

Eliza said...

I am definitely a perfectionist myself and I get stressed very easily and over the tiniest things. I try to tell myself that it isn't the end of the world. I also, expect people to do everything perfectly, or how I think it should be done. I totally know what you mean. It's frustrating. :)

Eliza

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful post. :) I can be a perfectionist myself. I like the way you view it though - it's not always such a big deal.
Also, the pictures of the sunset are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Ya he visto algunos hay cap sleeve wedding dress